Community Advisory Committee for Gifted Education (CAC)
The VBCPS Community Advisory Committee for Gifted Education (CAC) provides essential insights and information to the School Board regarding the academic, social, and emotional needs of all identified gifted students in the school division. The duties of the VBCPS Community Advisory Committee (CAC) for Gifted Education comprise the following roles and responsibilities:
- Annually review the Local Plan for the Education of the Gifted, including proposed revisions to previous iterations of the plan;
- Determine the extent to which the Local Plan for the Education of the Gifted is implemented with integrity and fidelity;
- Develop annual goals and priorities aligned with the mission and vision of the school division;
- Represent the community of gifted learners and all related stakeholders;
- Encourage a collaborative relationship between school division staff and the community;
- Increase the collective understanding about current programs, research, and best practices in the field of gifted education;
- Highlight relevant issues intended to improve the educational services for gifted students;
- Submit recommendations in writing to the Superintendent and the School Board.
For information about how to serve on the VBCPS Community Advisory Committee (CAC) for Gifted Education committee, or for general inquiries about meeting dates, times and location, please contact the Office of K-12 and Gifted Programs at 757.263.1188, or email Sandy Beale-Berry, CAC Chairperson, at: Sandy Beale-Berry.
The next meeting is scheduled for June 10 at School Administration Building Building #6 2512 George Mason Drive
Virginia Beach, VA 23456
·Topics: Membership,Report to the School Board, and Compass to 2020 Goal 4: Capture of Growth and Excellence